Relationship are central to our wellbeing. They impact on our self esteem, our life goals and our contentment. Relationships have the power to lift us up or break us down. They can be healthy and fulfilling, or painful and destructive. A lack of close relationships can feel very lonely and lead to depression.
Healing, understanding, repairing and recovering from relationships
As well as providing Couple/ Relationship Therapy (2 clients in the room together), we also offer individual therapy to help you reflect, understand and improve the relationships in your life.
This could be rebuilding a life post divorce, trying to recover from a neglectful family experience or negotiating a difficult romantic relationship.
Alternatively, therapy could be focused on helping you navigate out of an abusive relationship, or rebuild your life after finding yourself alone after many years.
The following areas are frequently the focus of therapy:
- Difficult, neglectful parenting experiences
- Emotional or physical abuse
- Rebuilding your life after the breakdown of a relationship
- Understanding conflict with friends
- Understanding conflict with romantic partners
- Struggles to find a romantic partner
- Sibling difficulties
- Difficulties in relationships with your children
- Bullying in social circles or at work
Therapy may be about learning about yourself and understanding your patterns, or learning about how others are responding to you; all with the aim of improving connection, emotional safety and good mental health.