Debra is a very kind and patient therapist. She has particular skills to work with nervous clients, or individuals new to therapy. She has a keen interest in supporting people who may be marginalised due to being in a minority group with race, gender, sexuality or disability.
Debra also has many years of experience of relationship therapy – whether individuals, couples, friends, family members or any conflict that exists between two people who care about each other.
Debra is particularly well suited to the following clients
- Clients who have a strong need to feel listened to, and understood, and accepted
- Those who need a safe place to express emotions, or learn to accept and express emotions
- Marginalised clients e.g. people with minority ethnicity, or sexuality, or gender; or disability
- Clients who might feel intimidated or nervous with someone
- Clients on the autistic spectrum
- Clients with a mild learning disability
- Relationship issues of any kind
- Loss, bereavement, illness, disability
- Existential issues
- Identity struggles including gender or sexuality
- Abuse of any kind, past or present
- Healing of a breakdown in relationship between two people (couple, family, friend)