Helen is a kind, compassionate and highly qualified therapist with over 10 years experience working in the NHS. She is also trained and experienced in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for traumas and past hurts.
- Kind, compassionate, down to earth and gentle
- Highly qualified in psychotherapy and EMDR
- Has over 25 years of working in the NHS – including neurological work
- Hundreds of clients worked with over the years
- Recently left the NHS to join our service full time
- Worked for many years in Health Minds service Worcestershire
- Specialises in anxiety, depression, trauma and relationships
- Short term or longer term therapy – multiple approaches to suit your needs
- Therapy held in a private residential location in Lower Howsell Rd, Malvern Link
- Sessions cost £70 per 1 hour session (50 mins therapy + 10 mins to rebook and pay)
- First session is paid in advance when making a booking
- Bookings and payments taken during your Free Telephone Consult with Dr Abigail
- Further sessions are pay as you go – at end of session (cash or card)
Approach and Interests
Helen is experienced in supporting clients in many areas of mental health, including (but not limited to) anxiety, depression, trauma, bereavement and relationship breakdown.
She is compassionate and gentle, wanting to support her clients with practical strategies as well as a safe space to talk about their problems.
Helen has a special interest in helping individuals overcome trauma whether from childhood or more recent traumatic experiences. She has qualified in a number of trauma specific techniques including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and the Emotional Freedom Technique.
Helen believes in building strong, caring relationships with her clients, to guide them through life’s difficulties and support them in finding balance and well being.
Training and Experience
Helen completed a Masters Degree in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy in 2006 at Middlesex University. She is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and UK Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Over the last twelve years Helen has become a valued and experienced therapist in the NHS at Worcestershire Health minds, the local NHS adult therapy service (where GPs refer for anxiety and depression treatments).
Helen works with adults and also adolescents over sixteen years.
Helen is trained in using Eye Movement and Desensitisation Therapy (EMDR) for many years, and previously worked in a NHS clinic for patients with trauma, using this approach.
Helen is based in Lower Howsell Rd, Malvern Link in a private residential location.
I would like to thank you Helen for your kindness and support over the last few weeks. You have a lovely manner and I felt heard, listened to and understood. You very gently guided me through recent and past events with compassion.I am amazed by the effectiveness of EMDR, and the change in me as a result. The ‘charge’ has been taken out of traumatic events and I feel lighter and able to cope with the present day as well as with the memories of previous events.
Thank you again. I’m happy for this to be used (anonymously) as a review/testimonial,
Female Client, August 2018
- Helen charges £70 for a 1 hour session (50 mins talking plus 10 mins to pay and rebook)
- Daytime and evenings, some Saturdays
- Based at lower Howsell Rd, Malvern (see your confirmation email for the full address)